Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Defaults on a Newly Created Normal.dot

If you created document templates for the types of documents you want the
employees to use and made these universally available, it would not matter
what the users' did with their normal.dot files. They could even use them as
intended.

Leslie wrote:
Is there any way when a new normal.dot gets created for a user to
have the font default a different font other than Times New Roman?

Here is a senerio.
Our company wants the default font to be Arial 10. Existing users can
manually change this by modifying their normal.dot file. However,
when a new user starts Word for the first time, we would like their
normal.dot file to be created with Arial 10 instead of Times New
Roman. We do not want the new user to have to manually change this.