Pop

Default Multiple Instances of Word 2k2

Hi,

I've seen this discussed -somewhere- before but cannot find it now. And =
if there is a better place to post this, I'll happily move it over =
there. For now I'm putting this on public.word and =
public.windowsxp.general. =20
Please, do NOT set f'ups on me: I'd like to keep the responses =
separated. =20

Is it possible to have two instances of Word running simultaneously (and =
on purpose!)? =20
If so, how do I do it? I thought multiple installs maybe, but enough =
commonality remains that it doesn't seem to work. I thought about using =
the Registry to accomplish it, but I don't know enough about Word OR the =
Registry to accomplish that. =20
I also have Word 97 on the same partition, but it doesn't seem to be =
interfering with anything, just in case that matters. I plan to =
uninstall it if I have to, but because of the hassle 97 itself presents =
to get it reinstalled, I'm in no hurry to uninstall it. =20

My "problem" if you will, is I need to have several files open =
simultaneously but still somehow keep them separated into two groups. =
Basically it amounts to a project of similarities between two groups of =
files, one already existing, and the other using the first as sort of a =
template. There is yet a THIRD set of files, which don't have to be =
opened, but with which these two must inter-mesh. =20
I've experimented with things like Notetab, etc., used for web sites =
& programming, and they almost work, but not quite, because I still need =
the GUI, which they all take away. =20
Yes, I feel pretty confident the machine itself can handle it; =
resources don't seem to be an issue. Yet. =20

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations, even the negative =
ones if that's all there is.=20

TIA,

Pop
--=20