Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default IncludeText/Insert File as Link + Numbering

You are welcome.

Indeed, sometimes manual numbering is the easiest approach, especially for
short, structured documents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sarah1234" wrote in message
Thanks very much for all your help Stefan.

After researching the article plus others, because it is for a template
and
due to development time constraints, we have modified the style to have no
numbering and we will number manually.

Thanks again

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Restart methods for style-based numbering are discussed in this article:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm.

Note, however, that if you do not intend to edit the numbering further,
you
can "freeze" it, for each affected document: Press Alt+F11 to display the
Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window. Type:

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sarah1234" wrote in message
Hi there

In Word 2003 I am working on a template ('Base document') to bring in a
number of Procedures from separate files using the Includetext field.

The procedures use a numbered heading style, which numbers correctly in
the
base document. However, using normal numbering in the text means that
in
the
base document with a number of different procedures pulled in, the
numbering
won't automatically restart. The numbering in each procedure continues
from
the one previous.

How can I set it up so that the numbering restarts? Or so that each
time
we
use Heading 2, the numbering restarts?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated