Sam

Apparently, _Loretta_, on 27/01/05 01:59,typed:
Why do people who just need to write letters with Word have to buy the entire
Office package? People who are not working in an office do not need the

SNIP
home that I need all that extra stuff and it would be very considerate if we
are forced into purchasing a newer version of something it could be sold
seperately and not as a package in order to avoid the high expense of buying
the entire Office program.

Loretta

Somebody already beat me to it, try OpenOffice.Org
(http://www.openoffice.org/). It is free, will do what you intend to do
and much more if you wish. Perfect for what you are trying to do.

MS Word would be necessary if you are writing documents with complex
features or formatting and which must be shared with others who are
using MS Word. OpenOffice.Org can make reasonably well MS compatible
documents. But if your other peers also use OpenOffice.Org, then you
don't really have to buy MS Word and can write similar complex formatted
documents in OpenOffice.Org.

Sam.

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.