JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Bless you Amedee! I used to sell computers for a major manufacturer and it
never ceases to amaze me how many people spend money and have no idea
between what they NEED and what they WANT. And now that most systems are
sold in a box with little or no interaction with a knowledgeable sales rep,
they have no idea what they are getting. I just helped a friend buy a
computer. Her system came with Word Perfect. Was it anywhere on a sign? No.
Was it anywhere on the box? No. Did the sales clerk (who didn't care if he
made the sale or not) ask any questions? No. If I hadn't been with her and
knew what she needed she would have been shocked to learn what she wasn't
getting. (She needs Office and I happened to own a full retail copy of
Office XP Pro, never used. I gave it to her - for the same price of
OpenOffice.) (No, I don't have any more laying around the house, sorry.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
(snip)

If I had known this was going to happen to me I doubt very much if I
would have upgraded to a newer computer and would have stuck with
the one I had. All I was looking for was a little more memory space
in another computer and didn't know it was going to lead to all
these unwanted expenses because of a block that won't allow me to
download Office '97.

ALWAYS do your homework before you buy a new computer.

(snip again)

I gave both of you useful answers. Please stop complaining and start
being productive. And do your homework next time.