Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default Using Formulas in a Table

If you use mathematical function, you have to view Word tables similar to
Microsoft Excel speadsheet.
For example, The column headings of Excel is A,B,C and so on, will have to
considered the simlar way when you work in Word Table. And the way you
refernce the cells in Excel will be the same in Word too.

Assuming that you have three columns, and you want the product of column 1
and two in column three. you will enter the fomula this way:

1. Place the insertion point in Column three.
2. Press Ctrl+9 to create the braces{}.
3. Enter the formula inside the brace by preceding with the symbol "="
The formula you enter should like this {=A1*B1}. You can brackets to specify
the order of caluclation.
4. Press F9 to recalculate the product details to display the current value.

Challa Prabhu

"TJ" wrote:

I'm using one of the Invoice Templates. I need to know how to set up the
formula so that it will automatically take the quantity and multiply it by
the unit price. I've tried several ways, and i can't get it to work. Can
anyone PLEASE help me??

Thanks.