Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msnyc07 msnyc07 is offline

Default How do I re-set hyperlinks in a doc back to 'unread'

Hi Lene, I tried that step by step and it didn't work unfortuneatly. Search
said it could not find any matches (to the followedhyperlink) and I made sure
there were no characters in the text box. Thanks though it sounded perfect!

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

You can use Find and Replace. Replace the style "FollowedHyperlink" with
"Hyperlink". The procedu
1. Ctrl+H to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. Click the More button.
3. Make sure the cursor is in the "Find what" field, then click the Format
button (bottom of dialog box) and select Style. In the Style dialog box,
select the style "FollowedHyperlink". Click OK.
4. Click to position the cursor in the "Replace with" field. Click Format,
select "Style". This time, select "Hyperlink" and click OK.
5. Make sure the "Find what" and "Replace with" fields are empty and that
none of the checkboxes are checked. Then click "Replace All".

Note: You may sometimes want hyperlinks to always look the same no matter
whether they have been clicked or not. To obtain this, you can modify the
"FollowedHyperlink" character style so that it applies the same font color as
the Hyperlink style (or change the font color of both styles, if you wish).
See:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"msnyc07" wrote:

I have a doc with dozens of hyperlinks which of course I test as I go along.

I'd like to re-set before I sent the doc out so they are all 'unread', i.e.
reformmated back to their default hyperlink color so new users can see which
they have visited or not. Is there an easier way to do this then to re-apply
the hyperlinks to each and every one?