Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nkb nkb is offline

Default Format painter

Thanks so much, Stefan. It seems logical that if they can program the format
painter to copy shading in Excel and in a heading w/ border, that it should
be able to copy shading in a table cell, too, right? Oh well. What do I
know? You've been so helpful - are you reachable via email or just
through the MS community question "bank?" Thanks again!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I was just about to reply, "The example from Word is not a table, just
paragraph formatting."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nkb" wrote in message
Stefan, after watching it again, it appears that it won't copy shading
from
one cell to another in a table. It was only a heading w/ a top and bottom
border w/ shading that was copied w/ the format painter. And cells in
Excel.
Sorry for my confusion.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do you have a link for the tutorial?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nkb" wrote in message
But, when I looked at the MS tutorial, the Format Painter changed a row
from
no shading to color shading and a different font. Hmmm... Thanks for
your
reply, Stefan.

nkb

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

As far as I know, the Format Painter can only be used with text
formatting
and, to a certain extent, with graphics.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nkb" wrote in message
I am trying to use format painter to copy text and shading of cells
in a
table and apply this same shading (text is the same) to other cells.
It
does
not seem to work. I select the cell w/ shading, click on the format
painter,
then select the cell(s) that I want to shade. Nothing happens. Am
doing
something wrong? Thanks.