Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ray Ray is offline

Default Repeat formula down a column in a Word 2003 table

How would I do that?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't know of any way to do this automatically in Word. Are you sure you
aren't thinking of Excel? You can embed an Excel sheet in your Word doc.

so
all may benefit.

"Ray" wrote in message
I have a table in Word 2003, with 100 rows and 10 columns.

Each row contains cells for gross income and for various expenses then
the
net amount. This formula is from the third row. It is placed in the "i"
(9th) column to calculate the net amount of income and expense item:

{=d3-e3-f3-g3-h3 \#"$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)"}

Then I put it in the fourth row (same column) and each of the 3's are
changed to 4's., and so fourth on down the column. Problem is this is an
extremely slow and tedious process. I know there is a way to do it
automatically. I have done it in the past ..., years ago, but I can't
remember how, and I can not find it in any help file or any of the online
helps. Please point me in the right direction to repeat the formula
(updated for each row) in all the rows of the table.

--
Thanks, Ray