Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ray Ray is offline

Default Thanks! R. Repeat formula down a column in a Word 2003 table

Thanks!
Ray

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Ray,

Page 4 - Relative Referencing In Tables

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Ray" wrote in message
Hi macropod, I've looked at your beautiful paper, but I can't find
exactly where you address this issue. Which section is it in?
Thanks, Ray

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Ray,

Relative row addressing in Word is not directly supported. You can get
around it with field coding, though. To see how to do this and a wide
range of other calculations in Word, check out my Word Field Maths
'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
Note: AFAIK There's no practical way to implement a flexible form of
relative column addressing.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Ray" wrote in message
I have a table in Word 2003, with 100 rows and 10 columns.

Each row contains cells for gross income and for various expenses then
the net amount. This formula is from the third row. It is placed in
the "i" (9th) column to calculate the net amount of income and expense
item:

{=d3-e3-f3-g3-h3 \#"$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)"}

Then I put it in the fourth row (same column) and each of the 3's are
changed to 4's., and so fourth on down the column. Problem is this is
an extremely slow and tedious process. I know there is a way to do it
automatically. I have done it in the past ..., years ago, but I can't
remember how, and I can not find it in any help file or any of the
online helps. Please point me in the right direction to repeat the
formula (updated for each row) in all the rows of the table.

--
Thanks, Ray