Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default if then else for includepicture

I don't believe there's a known, reliable "fields only" solution for
this, at least on a "standard " installation. Your best bets a
a. if possible, modify the data source, or pre-process the data source
so that each row contains the path of the image you need to insert,
using e:\temp\default.jpg where necessary
b. use VBA and Word Mailmerge events to check whether the file exists,
then insert the default if it does not.

If you want to pursue either of those, please verify that your
environment does not prevent a solution that uses e.g. database or VBA
programming, then let us know which version of Word you are using and
what the data source is.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 30/12/2009 22:26, Nicholas wrote:
I am trying to use the includepicture syntex..
{INCLUDEPICTURE "{IF TRUE "E:\\Temp\\{Mergefield FirstName}{Mergefield
LastName}.jpg"}" \d }

However, what I am looking for, is if I don't have a picture, then I want it
to use a default picture as in e:\temp\default.jpg. How can I do this.

Thanks in advance.