macropod

Default cross referencing bookmark from one table to another

Hi Amy,

If the cells you want to refer to contain only numbers, you can bookmark the
whole table, then use the combined bookmark and cell address to replicate
the values at the new location.

For more information on how to do this, see my Word maths 'tutorial' at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

Cheers

"Amy Wang" Amy wrote in message
Hi,
I have reviewed many messages regarding this subject but cannot seem to

find
an answer.

I have a table with cells that require user input, and I need some cells
repeated in another table. To avoid having the user accidently delete the
bookmark, I selected the entire cell instead of just the text. When I try

insert the cross reference to another table, I get the error "Error! Not a
valid result for table". I'm guessing this is because I am trying to

insert
a cell into another cell.

I can't use user form or pull down menu as there is not a limited choice
(such as part number, new numbers are always getting created). I also

cannot
select just select the text instead of the entire cell as bookmark because
the bookmark is too easily deleted when they enter the info.

Is there anything I can do? Perhaps a different type of cross-reference?

Thanks,
Amy