Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Der Fleder Dog Der Fleder Dog is offline

Default When sending a Word .doc attachment it is received a a win.dat

Could you expound on this issue a little? It might have something to do with
the problem I am having.

When I open a Word file from an Outlook message, the table of contents
updates but displays all page numbers as '2'. The page number links work
properly; they just don't display properly. If I save the Word file to disk
and then open it, the page numbers are correctly displayed.

The problem is circumvented if the Word file is first zipped but I am
interested in knowing if the problem can be prevented in the first place.

Thanks for your help.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Outlook 3?
Don't send Word documents unless they are compressed as ZIP (or other
similar format). Most likely the problem is caused by a security measure.

Karen wrote:
When I send a Word document as an attachment in Outook 3, the
receiver is getting a win.dat file that cannot be opened. How do I
correct this?