Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Urgent - How can I hide a footnote from the TOC?

Doesn't that throw off the numbering of all the footnotes??

You could manually delete the footnote from the ToC (but it will
reappear each time you regenerate the ToC).

You could format it as Hidden.

You could show your user where the Chicago Manual of Style says that
footnotes are NEVER hung from displayed material (such as headings).

On May 5, 5:18*pm, Helen wrote:
Hi,

A user here insists in adding a footnote to a heading; then, same heading is
part of the TOC, along with the footnote number. *How can I hide the footnote
number in the TOC?

Word 2003.

Thanks!