Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Insert in list

Where the lines start with letters (the site address) I get nothing
Where the line starts wirth asterisks it places the 127.0.0.1

What am doing wrong?

JB

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" escreveu na mensagem
Insert a paragraph mark at the beginning of the first line, then press
Ctrl+H. Set:

Find what:^p

Replace with:^p127.0.0.1spaces

spaces means that you press the space bar however many times you think
appropriate, since you presumably want at least one space separating the
local IP from whatever follows.

After replacing all, delete the blank line at the beginning and the
unneeded 127.0.0.1 at the end. And... don't forget to save the file as
text (you might need to rename the file afterward to remove an unwanted
.txt from the name)... and fix any lines that you didn't really want
changed (such as those beginning with #).

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"JB" wrote in message
I have a word document (taken from ie-spyad in Notepad, and want to use
it fr a HOSTS file. For that I need to insert 127.0.0.1 infront of each
existing line.
How do do that in Word 2003?

Thank you

JB