Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

Default How to do text find, selecting range from start to find point?

Yes.

Search for your starting point using the find dialog box. Once you
have found what you want, activate the document. (You can do that by
closing the find dialog box, or by clicking on the title bar of your
document, you do not want to "unselect" your found item.)
Press the F8 key which will turn on the Extend selection.
Alternatively, you can double click the EXT button on your status bar.
Now, find your ending point. Word will then have highlighted the
entire range.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"RizzKid" wrote in message
In Word, I would like to position to a point in a document, then do
a Find
that will cause selection from my search start point through the
find point.
For example if my document contains the alphabet, I can be
positioned before
the letter "c", find "v", and expect "c" through "v" to be
highlighted. Is
there any way to do this using the User Interface?