Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default how do I create a lined page with no text

Indeed, this solution will work perfectly to create stationery for
hand-written letters. But note that you cannot use Word to type on top
of the lines inserted with the underline key.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer" wrote in message
I typed the underline key 3 times and then pressed enter. I then

copied this
again and again to make the document as long as I wanted. I then

added
numbers by going to "File--Page Set Up --Lay Out" I then clicked on

the line
numbers box--followed by clicking on the "add line numbering box."

I then
saved it as a template. Richard--thank you very much. Your

solution hit the
nail on the head and now I have a useful template.

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

You could type the "underline" character (just hold that key down

until you get tired.
or.
You could type the underline key 3 times and then press enter and

you will get a line from margin to
margin.
repeat as often as you want.
or
You could buy some ruled paper!

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer"

wrote in message
I am trying to make simple stationery--just lined paper with no

test. What
is the procedure.