It *is* odd how sometimes we suddenly notice something that has always been
there. Sometimes just the reassurance that it's normal is enough to dispel
discomfort and dissatisfaction, but sometimes once we've noticed it, it
becomes a perpetual annoyance. sigh

"Steven Young" wrote in message
I use Normal view most of the time - and for years!

Must be old age catching up with me!

Thanks for sorting that out.

STEVEN

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is the end-of-document marker, displayed only (and always) in

Normal
view. Do you usually work in Print Layout view?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Steven Young" wrote in message
I must have done something to the settings but in the "norma view"

there
is
now a triple-width underscore line at the bottom of the work area at

the
LH
margin, under the insertion point which wasn't there before and its
annoying the hell out of me. It can be forced down with repeated

carriage
returns and doesn't show up in oreview mode. Could anyone please tell

me
how to remove it?

STEVEN