Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sambuccus Sambuccus is offline

Default Numbering in styles, restart numbering in Word 2007

Thanks, sad to hear that there's no improvement around numbering in 2007.

I also tried to assign a shortkey to my multilevel numbering style, and
could apply numbering that way (no way to show the style in the style list).
This way I could start new lists with the right look, but then I tested to
use the shortkey in an anready formatted list, numbering restarted unwanted
in the paragraph below...

"Stefan Blom" skrev:

As far as I know, the commands for restarting have the same advantages and
downsides as they used to in Word 2003. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...tartFromUI.htm.

If the restarts should occur after a specific paragraph style you could set
*that* style as the top-level in a multilevel list (it doesn't have to be
numbered), and have your actual numbered style as the second-level item. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...tfromstyle.htm.

Alternatively, you can use single-level numbering and restart it with
LISTNUM fields. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...tByLISTNUM.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sambuccus" wrote in message
Hi, I want to define a simple numbering style that has no right indent and
hanging indent of 0,75 cm in Office 2007. I have managed to define a style
with the desired look by defining a numbered multilevel list style linked
a paragraph style. Is there any drawback defining a multilevel list style
when you only want to use the first level? I only want a simple list.

When I use my paragraph style the numbering continues from the previsios
list.
I have read lots of warnings in the user groups that you should not use
the
out of the box right click choice Restart number with 1. Is that still
true
in Word 2007?

Or better, can you define a style that restarts numbering automatically
like
when you click the numering button? If not through the user interface -
can
you program a style in VBA?