Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default how do i get rid of the email bars across the top of my docume

The Office button is a rough equivalent of the File menu. If you chose Send
on that menu, you could unselect E-mail.

"numbgums" wrote in message
Thanks to all. It is Office 2007 I'm using by the way.

I couldn't find any way of unticking the offending bars anywhere.
There's no 'File' menu.
And no email button..!

Never mind. In the end, I went to the Office button, clicked Prepare and
then clicked Properties. This replaced the email bars with some properties
bars which, unlike the email bars, offered an X to close it down. Once it
had
gone, the email bars had also gone. Sounds like a bug to me but what do I
know?

David