Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Erik is offline

Default error message when typing in comments (can't I just use balloons?)

hi there
When I type comments in the reviewing pane view, I often am prevented from
typing (particuarlly backspacing or deleting as I revise my comment) and
sometimes I'm even kicked out of the comment into another comment. When this
happens, an error message appears on the bottom of the screen: "This
modification is not allowed because the document is locked". However, if I
wait a minute, or whack the keys a bit harder in typing, this message often
goes away.
ALso, is there a way to extend the balloons so it doesn't max out and
default to the reviewing pane?
thanks!!
Erik