John R. Baker

Thank you for your reply.

My question was sent as a "New Post" and not a "Reply Group". I originally
thought the message got lost since I couldn't find it as a new thread. I'm
using Outlook Express, and this may be a bug in the way Outlook Express
handles messages, since it appears to me as a reply in a thread that was
started by "Island Girl" on 11/08/2004. Either that, or I don't fully
understand how newsgroups work. In any case, sorry for the repost, and
thanks again for your response.

- John R. Baker

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
With the wildcard option set replace
([.\?\!])( )([! ])
with
\1\2\2\3

This will replace any single space after a period, question mark or
exclamation mark with a double space.
You should copy and paste the strings from here so you get the correct
number or spaces in the first string.

John R. Baker wrote:
I have a document with ONE space after each sentence. I would like
to use "Find and Replace" to change the single space to TWO spaces.

This is an easy problem for a human brain, but I'm not sure how to get
everything I want (and Not get what I DON'T want) with "Find and
Replace".

Example BEFO
Sentence one. The second sentence. Here's the third. And finally the
last.

Example AFTER:
Sentence one. The second sentence. Here's the third. And finally
the last.

Is there an easy way to do this? My document is over 60 pages long.

Thanks!

- John R. Baker