Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word Template. How to prevent word using Others local template

Hi Louanne,

There are additional factors that come into play that you won't be able to control.

Word is text reflow software, rather than page layout software and the feature set is targeted to allow folks to edit/change the
content and appearance. If you're in a corporate environment where you can set standards and access to the specific fonts and
templates there are methods to establish those sorts of values.

Generally though, if the person reading your document is using a different printer, doesn't have all of the fonts you used, or has
chosen to update the document to use their style with the same name, or attach a different template, Word will accomodate how they
use the files on their computer, but many folks will just accept that what they see when they open a specific document in Word is
that this is how that document is supposed to appear in Word. (This gets really frustrating for people who spend a lot of time
'tweaking' a resume, for example, in Word then send it out as a .doc file not expecting the document to have a different look on
another computer).

If they're not going to be editing the document then using a PDF or similar 'picture of a document' format may be more suitable.

=========
"Louanne" wrote in message ...
Hi Jezebel

This works most of the time however I have just been caught out and the
document under their template looks very unprofessional.

What I am looking for is a technical solution that does not rely on chance.
"unlikely" is not a 100% guarentee as I have already found out.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards Louanne
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system info,
online Test Drive, or downloadable beta is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net