Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
getravel

Default Desired pages not printing

Can someone explain the logic behind this and is there a way to change this??

I have a 23 page document set up as follows:

Title page (No page number in the footer)
Change History page (Page number is 'i' - Roman numeral 1)
TOC page (Page number is 'ii')
Body of document (Pages are numbered 1 - 20)

If I want to print a specific page (e.g., Page 10), in the Print dialogue
window, I can type '10' in the Pages box, Click OK, and I will get the
printout for just Page 10 from the body of the document - even though this is
the 13th page of the document. This is good, this is what I wanted.

But if I follow the same procedure and type '2' in the Pages box, I do not
get a printout of Page 2 from the body of the document. Rather, I get Pages
ii (the TOC page), and Pages 1-2 from the body of the document.

Why don't I get just Page 2 from the body of the document??

I realize I can use the Current page option in the Print dialogue box, but I
need to understand the logic behind the above scenario.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks,
getravel