Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Default I need to delete all of my cross references to footnotes

Use the "Go To" function (look it up in the help) to go to each cross
reference. When you stop at each one, hit Delete.

Your problem is that you have deleted the field "result" (the error...) you
have not deleted the field (the actual cross reference).

On 1/4/06 4:36 AM, in article
, "BAW"
wrote:

I have a document where I originally needed footnotes, but do not want them
in the final document. I also have cross references to these footnotes.
When I delete all of the footnotes, I can't seem to get rid of the
crossreference error messages when I print. I can do a replace and get rid
of the words "Error! Bookmark not define. , but it comes right back as I am
printing. Any suggestions to actually get rid of the references so I can
print a clean copy of my document?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410