Kensword Kensword is offline
Junior Member

Apologies, in my quest to explain the problem I probably misdirected you. I do create my documents from the StylesTemplate.dot template but either (i) when my orginals go off site, the external 'Wordsmiths' invariably mangle the styles such that I have to reapply them when the document is returned or (ii) I receive documents from outside sources which need to be 'stylized' because I need to make substantial changes. In both cases, I am dealing with independent third parties and I am therefore unable to dictate templates, styles or even what software is used to create/edit documents. The example I posted was just meant to provide an easy way of illustrating the problem and showing that the source document (created from normal.dot), onto which the styles from StylesTemplate.dot are applied, did not have any tabs set at 0.63cm.

Hope this makes the posting a little more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
Why would you create your new document from the normal.dot template
instead of from the StylesTemplate.dot template?