Dave Rogers

Default How do I change markup text to non-markup text?

I am running under MS Windows XP, Word 2002 SP3. I have one Word file which
is listed in Explorer as a Wordpad doc.

The start of the text is normal text. But a large part of it, having been
added later than the original (and it may have been brought in from a file
originally on an HP 720 handheld), is in markup. Some of that markup is
struckthrough. All of the markup portion is faced. There is a vertical line
all the way down the left side of the markup text.

I want to make the markup text a regular, non-markup text, like the
beginning of the file. How do I do it? "Reject change/delete comment" just
deletes the highlighted markup text. "Accept change" does not work. They
all delete the text.