The text that you are inserting is inserted text. You need to turn Track
Changes off and reject all changes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Dave Rogers" wrote in message
No, the strikethrough does not indicate an intended deletion. I want all

the
text, struckthrough and not structhrough to be recovered to normal text.

More data:
If I insert some text either in the middle of the struckthough text or in
the middle of the text not struckthrough the text is blue and NOT
struckthrough.

Also, if I highlight the struckthrough text and then do a Format-Font the
strikethrough is NOT checked.

Also, there is one point in the NOT-struckthrough text where there is a
numbered list which has the numbers only in blue.

All of the NOT-struckthrough text is underlined; some of the struckthrough
text is underlined.

For all of the text in question, that I individually highlight, there is
nothing checked in the format-font window. However, if I highlight the
entire text in question the Format-Font window shows all the attributes
checked.
- Weird.

"Dave Rogers" wrote:

I am running under MS Windows XP, Word 2002 SP3. I have one Word file

which
is listed in Explorer as a Wordpad doc.

The start of the text is normal text. But a large part of it, having

been
added later than the original (and it may have been brought in from a

file
originally on an HP 720 handheld), is in markup. Some of that markup is
struckthrough. All of the markup portion is faced. There is a vertical

line
all the way down the left side of the markup text.

I want to make the markup text a regular, non-markup text, like the
beginning of the file. How do I do it? "Reject change/delete comment"

just
deletes the highlighted markup text. "Accept change" does not work.

They
all delete the text.