skander skander is offline
Junior Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been SOOOOOO frustrated with this! I'm trying to make outlines for my law school classes, and MS Word for Mac is absolutely stupid. copying and pasting between one layout and another creates an infinite number of headaches (essentially, it rarely actually maintains the formatting from one document to the next). But this gap thing is by FAR the the biggest headache!!! When you have 70+ page outlines, you do NOT need to be paying to print all those extra pages created by a ton of blank spaces. And they were impossible to get rid of!!! I pretty much flipped out at the microsoft help people for being obscenely UNhelpful about this issue. they seemed (pretended?) to have no idea what i was talking about... Which is a bit hard to believe considering how many people post questions about it all over the net. but googling it never showed me any solutions that actually exist in my version of word (or even worked, period). But i finally (FINALLY!) know how to get rid of them without cutting/pasting the text and moving everything up, line by line. I could just cry from happiness right now. seriously. the only reason i joined this forum thing was so that i could thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield-n-odie [MVP] View Post
If there is not a manual page break between the title and the first text
paragraph, then delete the manual page break. Switching to Normal view
may help you to see this better.

Triple-click on the paragraph at the top of the second page. Click on
Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks tab | uncheck the boxes for
"Keep lines together", "Keep with next", and "Page break before" | OK.