Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jl_harper3 jl_harper3 is offline

Default Mixed letter and number footnote references

Is it possible in Word 2003 to mix both letter and number references on the
same page? I know how to switch between sections of my document, but when I
try to do a continuous section break in the middle of the page, it acts as a
page break. Furthermore, I need to learn how to do this before my term paper
is due on June 15, since I need to annotate different items on the same page
with different references (Letters to annotate a translation and then numbers
for regular references throughout the text).