On the Edit tab of Tools | Options, check the box for "Prompt to update
style." This will restore the old functionality.

"LJL" wrote in message
I just installed Office 2003 on my Windows XP Home machine. With Word in
Office 97, if I changed the style on a paragraph and then clicked on the
style name, I got the choice to update the style based on the changes. I
don't see that option in Word in Office 2003. Am I missing it? If it's

not
there, what's the easiest way to update a style?