Shony

Default Can I NOT use Outlook as the e-mail client for my MS Word e-mail m

I would like to use an alternative e-mail client for my MS Word e-mail merge.
We are standardized on Novell GroupWise here, and I want to avoid using
Outlook which we do not officially support for our users.

I can work a successful e-mail merge using Outlook Express as the default
e-mail client, but could not make this work if I change the E-mail client
program to GroupWise, which is also listed in my drop down list for the
E-mail program in my Internet Options settings.

I spent sometime with Microsoft help as well as searched the net, and could
not fond a single refrence to using anything but Outlook for the MS Word 2003
e-mail merge.

Has anyone successfully made the MS Word E-mail merge work with a different
MAPI compliant e-mail client?
Has anyone confirmed with Microsift that MS Word is indeed architectured to
only work with Outlook?

Any help on this directly to my e-mail at: would be
very appreciated.

Shony
Oracle DBA, OCP with Douglas College