Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
glee glee is offline

Default Merge-to doesn't allow email any longer

Found mapi.dll and my win.ini entries are an exact match. Any other
suggestions?

"glee" wrote:

I have this same problem, but I have a twist to the problem. I scanned my
system for both DLLs. Only found mapi32.dll. I do not have mapi.dll. Any
suggestions?

Thx

"KRL" wrote:

OK I have this problem too.

I went to win.ini and opened in a notepad. It already has these lines
(copied as shown)
[Mail]
;msconfig MAPI=1
;msconfig CMC=1
;msconfig CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
;msconfig CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
;msconfig MAPIX=1
;msconfig MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
;msconfig OLEMessaging=1

For years we have been sending email using Word Mail Merge and Access,
outputting email through Outlook Express.

What has happened:
Following our normal practice:
Click on the Tools menu and click on Mail Merge€¦ display the Mail Merge
Helper dialog box. Set up document and data source. Then in the Mail Merge
Helper dialog box, click on "Merge"€¦ button in the lower part of the dialog
box. Opening the Merge dialog box. In the Merge to: field, drop down list -
normally we select Electronic mail.

However, Electronic mail is no longer in this list. What do we do to get it
back!?

Programs etc:
Word 2000 (9.0.2720)
Access
Outlook Exress
Windows XP SP2

Can you help?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Ensure that win.ini has the following lines:

[Mail]
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPI=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

and that the indicated dll files are present.

Pilot wrote:
This worked before, but today when I tried to send an e-mail to a
bunch of clients, the merge-to didn't have an option for e-mail.
Just "Printer" and "New Document".

Any clues?