Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Merge-to doesn't allow email any longer

The semi colons should not be at the beginnings of those lines. The semi
colon tells Windows to ignore the line - it's a comment marker!
The Mail section should read

[Mail]
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMC=1
MAPI=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

glee wrote:
Found mapi.dll and my win.ini entries are an exact match. Any other
suggestions?

"glee" wrote:

I have this same problem, but I have a twist to the problem. I
scanned my system for both DLLs. Only found mapi32.dll. I do not
have mapi.dll. Any suggestions?

Thx

"KRL" wrote:

OK I have this problem too.

I went to win.ini and opened in a notepad. It already has these
lines (copied as shown)
[Mail]
;msconfig MAPI=1
;msconfig CMC=1
;msconfig CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
;msconfig CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
;msconfig MAPIX=1
;msconfig MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
;msconfig OLEMessaging=1

For years we have been sending email using Word Mail Merge and
Access, outputting email through Outlook Express.

What has happened:
Following our normal practice:
Click on the Tools menu and click on Mail Merge. display the Mail
Merge Helper dialog box. Set up document and data source. Then in
the Mail Merge Helper dialog box, click on "Merge". button in the
lower part of the dialog box. Opening the Merge dialog box. In the
Merge to: field, drop down list - normally we select Electronic
mail.

However, Electronic mail is no longer in this list. What do we do
to get it back!?

Programs etc:
Word 2000 (9.0.2720)
Access
Outlook Exress
Windows XP SP2

Can you help?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Ensure that win.ini has the following lines:

[Mail]
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPI=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

and that the indicated dll files are present.

Pilot wrote:
This worked before, but today when I tried to send an e-mail to a
bunch of clients, the merge-to didn't have an option for e-mail.
Just "Printer" and "New Document".

Any clues?