Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kylie Kylie is offline

Default Word 2007 Create Outline numbered styles

OMG ~ please tell me I am a total blind bat!!!

I am trying to create my own numbering without using the heading styles so
it looks like below:

1. first level (would like to name style as numpara1)
1.1 second level (numpara2)
1.1.1 third level (numpara3)
1.1.1.1 fourth level (numpara4 etc)

However, when I go to create a style and set the numbering to it there is no
outline numbered tab like in Word XP.

There is however a Define New Multilevel List and Define New List Style. If
I define a multilevel list, how do I assign each level a style?

When I copy the styles from an old Word XP document the numbering falls out
completely so I can't even cheat and bring them over.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Thanks ~ Kylie