Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Tables In Word 2003

The extreme (outer) left & right borders should not change if you drang any
of the interior borders to resize columns. Is the other user holding the
Shift key by any chance?

If that's not it, is that person using 2003? Can't be sure from how your
post is worded. How are they attempting t change the column width?

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Me" wrote in message
A co-worker of mine wants to be able to resize columns within a table
without
the left and right margins of the table changing/moving.

I'm not having this issue on my PC, so I don't know what is wrong. Are
there settings in Word 2003 that can be set for this? I thought this was
default setting.

Thanks in advance.