Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Default Tables In Word 2003

While I agree that the exterior borders will not automatically re-adjust
when single click and dragging an interior border to adjust a colunm width,
the outer borders can automatically adjust under other circumstances.

The extreme (outer) left & right borders can change when you double-click an
interior border to auto-size an internal column. If the table is center
justified, then both exterior borders adjust. If the table is left (right)
justified, then the right (left)border adjusts. These adjustments occur
despite havng a preferrd table width set.

--
Tom Conrad

===
"CyberTaz" wrote:

The extreme (outer) left & right borders should not change if you drang any
of the interior borders to resize columns. Is the other user holding the
Shift key by any chance?

If that's not it, is that person using 2003? Can't be sure from how your
post is worded. How are they attempting t change the column width?

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Me" wrote in message
A co-worker of mine wants to be able to resize columns within a table
without
the left and right margins of the table changing/moving.

I'm not having this issue on my PC, so I don't know what is wrong. Are
there settings in Word 2003 that can be set for this? I thought this was
default setting.

Thanks in advance.