Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I remove English (US) as a default language?

As I told you before. It is not possible to remove this! The settings shown
above the line are not 'defaults' but recently used settings and they are
buried deep in the registry. I have searched, but the setting appears to be
undocumented. Even if you were to remove it, I would guess that the first
time you pasted from the internet you would have it nack again as language
is a text formatting attribute.

I don't know why you are fretting over this. If you make proper use of
styles and have the language option set not to automatically detect, it
isn't a place you need to go very often.

Rigadon wrote:
Yes!

Start-Settings-Control Panel-Regional and Language
Settings-Languages Tab-Details...
'Default input language' is English (UK)
'Installed services': English (United Kingdom) - Handwriting
Recognition.., 'Keyboard' - United Kingdom
No other lanuages installed.

Start-Programs-Microsoft Office-Microsoft Office Tools-Microsoft
Office 2003 Languages Settings-Enabled Languages Tab...
'Enabled languages: English (UK)

Word-Tools-Language-Set Language...
{Under 'Mark selected text as:' above the partition/double line}
English (UK) and English (US) {and I can't remove English (US)}

It's driving me nuts ;-)

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

From Microsoft Office Language Settings, you should be able to remove
any language that isn't the default for *Windows*. Are you saying
that English (US) is not the default language of Windows, and that
you still cannot remove it?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rigadon" wrote in message
Thanks Stefan.

I've followed the advice but English (US) {along with English (UK)}
remains a default language.

I don't want to remove/delete English (US), I just don't want it as

default language.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rigadon" wrote in message
I've recently configured a PC with English (UK) 'Regional and
Language Options' and I've enabled English (UK) in 'Microsoft
Office 2003 Language Settings' (I've removed English (US)).
However, the default language in Word continues to show English
(UK) and English (US) as default languages.