Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott

Default Mail Merge Failure

Word 2003 latest updates

I have a Mail merge document that every time the user opens it I want
it to perform a merger. The document is not complex. It has something
close to 40 fields on it

What happens is the user selects certain records to merge then I save
those records out to a database with a view attached to the records.

I want the program to shell a Mail Merger template out and have word
perform a mail merge immediately at start up. I get a number of errors

Opening this document will run the following command

MY SQL Statement into the database

Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?

I click 'yes' and then I get
Record 1 contained too few data fields.
Record 2 contained too few data fields.
Record 1 contained too few data fields.

Then I get a box that says invalid merge fields.

I cancel through all the fields and the document comes up with all
sorts of errors.

Fine however if I run this macro specific after the document has opened
it runs fine no changes?

What's happening how come I get errors running the Marco right away
versus waiting until the document is completely loaded?