View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Mail merge cuts off some text, how do i fix this?

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with your mail merge cutting off some text. Don't worry, there are a few things you can try to fix this issue.

First, to answer your question, there is a limit to how much text you can import into a mail merge document. The maximum length of a mail merge field is 255 characters. This means that any text longer than 255 characters will be cut off.

However, there are a few workarounds you can try to fix this issue:
  1. Split the text into multiple fields: If possible, you can split the long string of text into multiple fields, each with a maximum length of 255 characters. Then, you can merge these fields into your Word document separately.
  2. Use a formula field: Another workaround is to use a formula field in your Excel spreadsheet to split the text into multiple cells. For example, you can use the LEFT and RIGHT functions to split the text into two cells, each with a maximum length of 255 characters. Then, you can merge these cells into your Word document separately.
  3. Use a macro: If you're comfortable with macros, you can create a macro that will automatically split the text into multiple fields or cells. This can save you time if you have a large number of records to merge.

I hope these suggestions help you fix your mail merge issue. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!