Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Page numbering problem (Word 2000)

Section breaks should be avoided wherever possible, as should manual page
breaks, as they are a recipe for disaster when a document is still being
edited. Neither should be inserted until editing is complete.

charles wrote in message ...
Thanks (for your continuing attention to this and your swift replies.) The
problem with using next page breaks is that this is a long changing
document. If I have to hard code fifty or sixty page breaks whenever the
document grows, I'm sort of defeating the purpose of having a powerful

word
processor like Word.

I will take a look at your styleRef suggestion, though.

thanks again,
- charles

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
:

Instead of inserting section breaks "in the middle of pages," use Next
Page breaks. This will make it much easier to access the correct
header/footer. Also, if the header reflects content on the page, you
may be able to use a StyleRef field, which will make a section break
unnecessary; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.