DuBojangles

Default Default background color in Word

I know how to change the Window color for all of the programs, but how does
one go about changing it just for MS Word? I went so far as opening
Normal.dot and changing the background color there and then saving it;
however, even though everything else I do to Normal.dot (font type and size,
etc.) remains when starting a new blank document, the background color does
not carry over into the blank document. This, to me, is a flaw. I'm sure,
until Microsoft addresses this upon its next release, there is a way to go
into some file and edit a line that tells Windows, or the computer, what
color to display as Word's background. Or maybe the computer sees them as one
in the same; maybe there's no separating the two, Word's window color and
Windows window color?