Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Conditional mail merge

You would need a conditional field in the merge document eg

{IF {Mergefield FieldNameWithMemberStatus \*Upper} = "J*" "As a
junior member you are eligible to enter the competition for under 16s" "As a
member over 16 years of age you cannot enter the
competition for under 16s" }

The brackets are inserted with CTRL+F9 the fieldname is that from your data
source. If the content of that field begins with j or J the junior warning
is inserted otherwise the alternative.

ronh wrote:
I have a xls spreadsheet containing member names addresses and whether
they are junior, senior or full members.
I need to mailmerge this with a letter where depending on the member
type a different paragraph is inserted at the end of the letter.
eg if a member is junior I may want the final paragraph to read "As a
junior member you are eligable to enter the competition for under 16s
only"
if a member is a full or senior member I may want the final paragraph
to read "As a member over 16 years of age you cannot enter the
competition for under 16s"

I can obviously filter on member status but cannot see HOW to then
insert the relevant paragraph

Anyone out there able to help please?