Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colonel Blip Colonel Blip is offline

Default Mail Merge and Graphic Insertion in OL/Word

Hello, Graham!
You wrote on Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:14:24 +0300:

Graham,

As far as I can tell I followed the web site info but for some reason the
photo is not being picked up. If I just use the {mergefield "Last_Name"} in
the table it works fine to show the last name of my directory entry.
However, the picture is not being picked up. I have to send a screen print
since I can't figure out how to copy the codes and paste them (altho I'm
sure there is a way). BTW, I've tried both \\ and \ in the path with the
same results. Can you see what might be wrong from this?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

GM You can't insert the graphic from the Outlook database, but if you have
GM the graphics named appropriately you can merge them from the hard drive
GM - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

GM As for sizing, merge them into a fixed width table cell (without
GM border?). The graphic will adapt to the width of that cell (provided
GM the graphic is larger than the cell).