Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail Merge and Graphic Insertion in OL/Word

Assuming the picture is named according to the content of the last_name
field eg Smith and is stored in the folder O:\TEMP, then for Smith.jpg, the
syntax that is required is:

{INCLUDEPICTURE "O:\\TEMP\\{Mergefield "Last_Name"}.JPG"}
or
{INCLUDEPICTURE "O:/TEMP/{Mergefield "Last_Name"}.JPG"}

The quotes around Last_Name are optional.

You must merge to a new document then select all (CTRL+A) and update (F9) of
use the update macro at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Please do not post attachments, only those of us who access via NNTP will
even have the opportunity to see them and that is severely discouraged in
text based news groups. If you want to reproduce field constructions in a
message, use the macro at http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm

Colonel Blip wrote:
Hello, Graham!
You wrote on Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:14:24 +0300:

Graham,

As far as I can tell I followed the web site info but for some reason
the photo is not being picked up. If I just use the {mergefield
"Last_Name"} in the table it works fine to show the last name of my
directory entry. However, the picture is not being picked up. I have
to send a screen print since I can't figure out how to copy the codes
and paste them (altho I'm sure there is a way). BTW, I've tried both
\\ and \ in the path with the same results. Can you see what might be
wrong from this?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

You can't insert the graphic from the Outlook database, but if you
have the graphics named appropriately you can merge them from the
hard drive - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

As for sizing, merge them into a fixed width table cell (without
border?). The graphic will adapt to the width of that cell (provided
the graphic is larger than the cell).