Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Different Header/Footer on every page of a document

I am not sure I know enough about your document to come up with a solution.
However, I am wondering whether you could use STYLEREF fields in the header.
A STYLEREF field can pick up the contents of text formatted with a specific
style. If the information you need to show to the header is found directly on
the page, you could format the text with a special style made for that
purpose and make the STYLEREF field pick up the text.

A STYLEREF field inserted in a header (or footer) prints the first (or last)
text formatted with the specified style on the current page. The field is
automatically updated whenever you change the text in the document. If no
text formatted with the style in question is found on a page, the STYLEREF
field repeats the same text on all subsequent pages until another occurrence
of the specified style is found.

For further details about the STYLEREF field, search for €śField codes:
StyleRef field€ť in the online help of Word. See also this article:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/S....htm#FormField

See this article for tips on different ways to repeat data:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"BCS" wrote:

PC running Win 2k and MS Word 2003.

I am fairly familiar with using multiple sections within technical documents
to display different page numbering styles, layouts, formats, etc., but I
have come across a situation that I don't know how exactly to handle.
Occasionally, I need to be able to have a different Header/Footer on every
page of a document.

I realize that ordinarily this would be a crazy thing to attempt but, while
this situation does not happen often, it is a possibility (see pages 5 and 6
in the following PDF:
http://www.archives.gov/isoo/training/marking-booklet.pdf). My question is
directly related to the later half of the following statement from page 6,
"Mark other internal pages€¦ €¦with a marking indicating the highest
classification level of information contained on that page."

The only "solution" that I have been able to come up with is to use a new
section for every page, but this seems to be unnecessarily cumbersome. Is
there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks