Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Default How do I insert cross-reference in form

Hi ?B?Q2Fyb2w=?=,

I am using MS Word 2002. I have created a form template using the forms
toolbar and text fields. When a user completes the form and puts text in a
particular text form field, I would like the same text to automatically
appear in the document header.

I made the form field a heading and tried to insert a cross-reference to the
heading text in the document header, but since the form template text field
is blank, there is nothing to cross-reference.

That shouldn't matter, as long as the "Calculate on Exit" checkbox is activated
in the form field. Try protecting the document, type something in, then TAB out
of the form field. Does the text now appear in the header?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)