Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default UK Date bug in Word XP - Anyone know a fix?

Hi JethroUK©,

as i mentioned - Word 2002 can't format UK dates - it's a documented bug -
i'm actually looking for a fix to this, so i can use it professionally

anyone know anything about this? - and maybe a fix

Did you actually read through the information on Graham's site? Or read his
last reply to you? Most of the information as to workarounds is there (as in
use a DDE or ODBC connection). You'll also find information (in a denser
format) on my site, in the Word 2002/2003 section.

A fix was issued in one of the more recent Service Packs (SP), probably SP2.
It's also fixed in Word 2003. And by "fix" I mean that the day/month
information doesn't get switched around "by whim", but is passed across
consistently.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org