Tallbob29 Tallbob29 is offline
Junior Member

Default Updating fields in section headers

I’m working with a large document that I inherited. It has about 150 section breaks (due to flipping back and forth between portrait for text and landscape for figures). Due to the different orientations, none of these section breaks are set to “same as previous”.

In the header of each is a field that points to a custom document property. When I change the document property, the fields in the headers don’t automatically update.

Is there a way for me to command Word to update this field in in the header in all 150 sections? (I’ll take either automatic or manual methods.)

I don’t want to update each one individually. (Mind numbing!)
I tried “select all” then F9. The “select all” didn’t include the headers.
I don’t want to update all the fields in the entire document. (There are many others that I don’t want to update, and it takes forever anyway.)

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.