Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Updating fields in section headers

That's a pretty lousy bit of code; and it updates ALL fields not just fields
in the headers, which the OP doesn't want.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
You'll find a macro that updates all ranges in the document he

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ment/browse_fr
m/thread/b5883316c1455f3e/d7ec442a3bfa7b1d%23d7ec442a3bfa7b1d

On 8/22/06 12:04 PM, "Tallbob29" wrote:

I,m working with a large document that I inherited. It has about 150
section breaks (due to flipping back and forth between portrait for
text and landscape for figures). Due to the different orientations,
none of these section breaks are set to "same as previous?.

In the header of each is a field that points to a custom document
property. When I change the document property, the fields in the
headers don,t automatically update.

Is there a way for me to command Word to update this field in in the
header in all 150 sections? (I,ll take either automatic or manual
methods.)

I don,t want to update each one individually. (Mind numbing!)
I tried "select all? then F9. The "select all? didn,t include the
headers.
I don,t want to update all the fields in the entire document. (There
are many others that I don,t want to update, and it takes forever
anyway.)

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--